Elder Brigham Blake

Email: Brigham.Blake@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Moca!!

August 19, 2015

Wayyy familia y amigossss,


This week has flownnnn by. My area is 100 percent different than my last two. We basically work in the rural farm land of Santiago. Therefore, the people are super poor, humble and receptive to the gospel. However, there is a fair share of less-actives. Everything is going great and this week we found two AWESOME families contacting. Pray so that Maria y Luis and Maria y Leanardo can keep progressing!

It really hit me hard on Friday morning that Isaac FINISHED his mission. I honestly feel really sad for him because I know just how fun and fufilling a mission can be. It's quite honestly impossible to explain to someone who has never served a mission why I love it sooo much and why I don't really want to go home. As I have mentioned before, my mission has really put into perspective the Plan of Salvation and the atonement of jesu cristo. To be able to share and testify of the truthfulness of the gospel brings a sense of peace and joy to our hearts and minds.
I think that Ether (Book of Mormon) really summarized the point that I am trying to get across. It reads in Ether 12 vs  Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for better world, yea, even place at the righthand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good worksbeing led to glorify God.

As it says here, those who believe in God have the promise and HOPE for a better world. The gospel boils down to a firm belief that God is our loving Heavenly Father, this is the first point we teach as missionaries. And as it says in DYC God is obligated to bless us (or give us a better world) if we do as he says. However, this is not easy and, as mormon was editing the Plates of ether he realized this as well. To believe in God is to have faith. But God, since the beginning of  time has required that our faith be tested And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith.

Our faith is tested daily, and for this we must do as the Lord commands! I know that these principles are true, because I have lived them and tried my best to help others live them as well.
I LOVE this country and the people I serve. I love the food, the heat, (the music is awful, just look up DR Dembo 2015 and you'll understand what I mean) but most of all I love the humility and charity of the Dominicans.
I LOVE this work soooo much!
Elder Blake

Wow, de verdad estoy TAN agradecido por este ano tendre a servir al senor. A ver, bueno escuchar sobre la primera senama en la casa es un poco doloroso. No porque queiro regresar, pero porque yo se que la felizidad realmente viene de vivir los principos del evangelio.
Ahoura estoy con un compañero sumamente disobideinte, en una casa con tres misioneros disobidnetes y este me duele mucho. Lei ayer en hechos cinco, verciclous 1 hasta 10 sobre una pareja que vendio una porporidad y se quedo que parte del dinero. Ellos feuron castigatos por los apostoles y se dieron cuenta que negaron el espíritu. 
Isaac, no soy perfecto, pero este ano ha sido el mejor con el cercimento espritual que necesito. De 9 a 10 (mi compa no quiere estudiar conmigo) leo un textbook sobre la histora de la iglesia, y es buenisimo. Espero que pueda seguir leyendo y esforzando a aprender mas del evangelio de jesucristo. Mi consejo es a recordar CADA dia sobre lo que estamos hacideno aca en este mundo. Como estas haciendo, realmente somos las manos de dios y tenemos que ayudarlo en cada momento. Isaac, espero que pueda eschuar musica buena, himnos, rock cristiana. En byu empenze a escuchar indie rock, y si le gusta busque tallest man on earth.
Le quiero muchísimo. Ahora no quiero que mi misión se termine. Quiero esforzarme cada momento a magnificar el sagrado llamamiento a ser misionero de nuesrto senor jesucristo.  
Ps, cuando regrese, solamente quiero hablar consigo en español!



No comments:

Post a Comment