Elder Brigham Blake

Email: Brigham.Blake@myldsmail.net

Sunday, September 20, 2015

1st Nefi 17 vs 13

Wayyyyy mi querdida familia y amigos.

This has been an awesome week. I am wicked short on time for all but I hope I'll be able to address a few of the highlights of this week. However, as normal, the heat has been killer! I think it's safe to say that I sweat about a gallon a day. Haha khaki pants were really a bad idea because it shows sweat easily...let's just say that if you're not careful it can be very embarrassing!

As I have written for the past few months, this week was the big week....Richard's Baptism. I left the church in a taxi at 5 and got to La Vega at 5 30. I saw the true beauty of the DR that I haven't been able to see; I honestly can't describe the beauty, but it was exactly how I imagine the Garden of Eden would be. I'll be saving up to come back and see the true colors of la Republica. In La Vega, I was able to catch up with Frieny, Melvin and Cesar (Cesar is the menos activo who is going to receive the Melchizedek Priesthood this up coming district conference). Dang visiting everyone I love in La Vega made me wicked sad. But I don't want to be negative!1!
As for the baptism itself, I felt as if a huge burden was lifted as I baptized Richard. After the ordinance he began to tear up and testify that he truly felt the remission of his sins. It was such a powerful confirmation to my own testimony.

This week I began to read the Book of Mormon again. I am reading and marking any instance that menciones the gospel of Jesucristo: Aka, Faith, Repentance, Baptism, Holy Ghost and endurance. Their really is such a richness that one can receive to studying and applying the BoM. I was reading today in 1 nefi 17 when the Lord commands Nefi to go and build a boat. It says:
         13 And will also be your light in the wilderness; and I will prepare the way before you, if it so be that ye shall keep my commandments; wherefore, inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments ye shall be led towards the promised landand ye shall know that it is by me that ye are led.

I know that it's really the Lord who leads us if we do everything within our power to obey his commandments. Thankfully, he hasn't commanded me to build a boat, but I know that He expects great things of us. I have felt His presence with me and have received many confirmations of His love for me and His children here in the DR.

Love Elder Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment