Elder Brigham Blake

Email: Brigham.Blake@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

August 26, 2015

Wayyyyy familia y amigos, 

este semana ha sido bacanisimooo (wicked cool)
Life is great here in Moca and I cant even believe at the rate time is flying by, in just over two weeks I'll hit the famous hump day....one year in the mission! It's scary at the rate time flies by.

I would like to share a few amazing experiences that I have had this week. 
On Monday I got an AMAZING phone call, it's honestly really weird for people to call here, however, it was Richard (my stud investigator in la vega). I had put a baptismal date with him my last week in La Vega and he is SOOO ready. However, sadly, transfers came. Anyway he called to ask me if I could baptize him on the fifth of September. Thankfully Moca borders La Vega so there is a high probability that I will be able to go for the afternoon (pray that pres Castillo wont be hard hearted!!) But my heart was filled with joy because I felt like the spirit really led us to his house, and that he is a amazing man with an enormous gift of faith. 

This week has been really amazing; we have  A TON  of people to teach. My companion, before I arrived was averaging 10 lessons a week (that's quite honestly nothing) but this week I was able to help pump him up and we more that trippled what he had been doing. It was truly a miracle because I did not once feel tired nor lazy. I asked him in one of our inventarios what his mission goal is, and without skipping a beat he said to baptize a family (one of my goals as well). From that moment on we decided that we would try to only teach complete families from 6 to 9pm...its been such a miracle. We have 3 young families who have promised us to come to church this Sunday. Pray for Leo and Maria specifically! Even though my companion is pretty lazy and not very excited about the work, I've been trying to focus on the good, and just be an example. We have grown a lot and I know that God has blessed me with the gift of charity.

This week I have gone to town on my studies. I found a 700 page textbook on the history of the church and I started studying it last Monday. Every free second I have I read. I'm coming up on page 400 and have enjoyed every second of the book. It has really fortified my testimony of the Book of Mormon and Jose Smith. A scripture in DyC 35 has been running through my head, it reads  For I am God, and mine arm is not shortened; and I will show miraclessigns, and wonders, unto all those who believe on my name.

I've come to realize that the church of Jesucristo of Latter Day Saints really is the true church of Christ. I don't have time to recount the many miracles I have seen here in my mission but most of all, I know that the greatest miracle has been the change of heart I have felt. I know that the blessings I have received in my life are directly related to my church membership. It is such a joy to share the restored gospel to God's children.

Love Elder Blake.

PS -Wayyy, chicungunya is officially off the radar and it hasn't rained here in about five months. People are actually really suffering for the lack of agua. Soooo if you could pray that God will be mercious on these wicked wicked dominicans I would be very grateful!

In response to Julia's plea to play the piano:
PPS- Hahah, if my last ward (it was without a doubt the best ward in the mission) didn't like the piano there is noooo hope! Im sorry, i would love to practice but there is no realistic way to do so. I really don't want to lose, or bury my talent. But as I said there isn't any realistic way to play. Our church building is a solid 30 minute walk. But, if there is a will there is a way!
Anyways, im signing off!

No comments:

Post a Comment