Elder Brigham Blake

Email: Brigham.Blake@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Gratitude

Wow, this week could have honestly been the most average week of the mission. Haha. I can't really think of anything super outstanding that happened etc. But we all know that the Lord works by small and simple things, we just have to know where to look!

This week my companion and I had a super awesome inventory. We tried to work out a few kinks in the pipes and came out being a lot closer. Basically, I was struggling with feeling inadequate with my comp. He is such a great missionary, understands the culture, the people, the Bible, superrrr well and all the people love him. I guess it's a mixture of pride and jealousy, wanting to be more like my comp, that made this week rough. However, I realized in our inventory that he really felt the same way towards me, inadequate. It really struck me because he is 6 years older than me, knows these people, the Bible, how to teach, communicate soooo much better than I yet he felt a little inferior. We worked it all out and are doing great.

I guess what I am trying to get at is that we really don't know the thoughts or feelings of others. We should always give people the benefit of the doubt, and love because we don't know, or understand the trials, challenges, hardships etc of others. All we can do is exercise the attributes of Christ and serve. I made a deal with my comp that whenever I am feeling negative, I have to tell him ten things I am grateful for...they have to be different and specific. When ever he feels inadequate, we study a little bit of English. What a difference it has made! 

To finish, I am sooo grateful for everything God has given me. Specifically this gospel, my family, The Dominican Republic, my companion, economic stability.. etc. I promise that there is power in verbally giving thanks for our blessings. For me it's like lifting a heavy burden, kind of like Alma the Younger...you just feel this immense joy.

I know this church is true, and absolutely love sharing this gospel everyday. I am so grateful for everyone who actually reads my blog every week also haha.

Love Elder Blake 52

No comments:

Post a Comment