Elder Brigham Blake

Email: Brigham.Blake@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Baptism Week

Wow this week was one to remember!!

This week we had a super awesome, yet very interesting baptism. My comp and I, after planning on Friday, went to the church to clean the font for our baptism that night. We were surprised to find that the church was dry!! Literally every faucet, sink, toilet was completely dry. In the sixth months I've had in San Francisco, the church has NEVER run out of water, soooo I guess it's true when they say that Satan really does have control over the waters while you're serving a mission!! Anyways my comp came up with the brilliant idea to contact the people around the church and ask for buckets and their water. We ended up, with the zone leaders and a member, filling the baptismal font bucket by bucket. Four hours of intense bucket hauling. It's safe to say that hard work really does pay off. I could really feel the spirit that night during the baptism. Manuel wanted to bear his testimony and he teared up a little sharing his story and knowledge, or testimony our our savior Jesucristo. Wow his baptism was one of the most remarkable experiences I have had so far in the mission.

Also this week, my comp went on splits with another Elder to go to a baptism for people they taught in Santiago. It was a super awesome intercambio because I was put as senior comp with someone from my group...Elder Tippits. Haha it was basically a showoff to see who knew more Spanish, scriptures etc. Basically I am very grateful for the companions I have had. I have learned sooo much from all of them and truly feel comfortable teaching this gospel. I have learned that the most important thing we can do is be simple, bold and bear testimony. It truly is the SpĂ­rit who teaches. It was a solid intercombio and we finished the night was Juca, platano, Starburst jelly beans (elder tippit's family hooked him up) BUt wow this week was solid.

Anyways, I am SO very grateful for our savior and redeemer Jesucristo. I know this church is true. I am sooo pumped for General Conference this weekend and the opportunity we have to hear God's prophets. Mom...have Anna and Noah read Doc and Cov 1 verse 38....I think? Let it sink it and listen intently.

I love you all!
Elder Blake
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment