Elder Brigham Blake

Email: Brigham.Blake@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Framboyanes

Familia y Amigossss,

Wow! this has been without a doubt one of the greatest y fastest weeks of the mission. I love my area, companion and of course my Savior.

As always I struggle to know where I should start! Well, I love my comp, Elder Weaver. He is soo humble, Christlike and down to earth that it makes the work soo much easier. We both know our purpose, how we want to teach and just get down and work! I have a feeling that this transfer is going to be a very exhausting, but in the best possible way. This week in our studies we focused on listening to the promptings of the Spirit and inspired questions. We started every study with a song and the spirit we felt was unreal. Yeah I have a feeling that Elder Weaver will be a great life long friend.

This week was filled with highlights. Our branch is super strong. We have many active, temple sealed families who offer a lot of support. Therefore, the member retention is awesome and we can focus a lot on investigators. Its amazing! We never have a shortage of people to teach. On Sunday we had 6 investis at church. It was fast and testimony and I invited my favorite investigator to come up with me. We both bore our testimonies and Frieny (the investigator) told me he felt the spirit very strongly and now wants to leave with us every day with his shirt and tie on...its such a blessing! On Thursday he told us that he prayed about Jose Smith y El Libro De mormon, and as he was kneeling down in the dark he felt just a warmth and light around him. He then told us that he wanted to be baptized more than anything. He has his date for the 25th and he is working super hard for his date. Freiny has been such a great example and support to my testimony.
I know this church is true and every time I bear my testimony I feel a confirmation very strongly. I am out of time but I love you all. I am super grateful for every email I got this week!
It was a little overwhelming though!
Until next week!
Elder Blake
Isaac I never told you, but this Elder Olearee told me he knows you from byu, we have been in the same zone since october. He told me you were wild!

Hermana Iluminada, shes soo amazing! and makes some amazing juice

Astri (on the left) is one of my converts I am going to miss the most in SF. Shes going strong as a Ward Missionary!

Manuel another convert, still going strong

It rained all day on Friday and we forgot to shut the windows...haha there was water everywhere!

Peeling yuca with Elder Smith and Weaver!

No comments:

Post a Comment