Elder Brigham Blake

Email: Brigham.Blake@myldsmail.net

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Trasladossssssss

Mi amados amigos míos, gracias por todos sus cartas y estoy agradecido de que mi salvador vive.

1st off, Isaac hugeee shoutout for being called as Asistente...thats soo unreal. Keep working hard and put the Lord firsttt.

Wow this week has been crazy! I finally got transferred out of San Francisco! Right now I am in the great city of La Vegas, my area is called Framboyanes. It's superrrrr calm and I am finally with my first American! Elder Weaver from Las Vegas. He seems super cool; we hit it off from the start because he was in my area with my trainer before I got there. He is super funny and I am pumped to get to work! He told me that a lot of people here believe in witch craft and magic so im pumped!! Haha

This general conference was especially great, holy cow! My mind is all over the place right now. I can't remember too much but I absolutely loved Elder Holland's talk. I love his analogy for how desperately we need our savior Jesucristo. Many times here on the mission I feel as though I fall short and feel as though I am slipping off the edge of the cliff. But the Christ is always there ready and willing to help us whenever we need him. I am so grateful for his atonement and resurrection. I had always taken for granted the importance and sacredness of the Sacrament. It is such an amazing blessing we have every week to renew our baptismal covenants every sacrament meeting. As I have taken the sacrament with more thought, and listened to the prayers, I have quite literally felt closer to my savior....que bendiciones.

It was super weird though. This country is very god fearing and basically everyone is Catholic. I was expecting that everyone would celebrate Easter...you know with the classic bunnies, eggs, candy but really no one celebrates the resurrection of Christ. This week EVERYTHING was closed on good Friday. I didn't hear music, motos, cars...nothing! It was super quiet. We had many lessons and everyone gave us something called ¨Habichuelas con dulce¨ or Sweet Beans. It basically is like sweet refried beans with potatoes....SUPER WIERD. But it is actually pretty good. I'll make it at home in a year and a half.

I love y'all. I love this work and the Book of Mormon!!!

Until next week.
Elder Blake 

No comments:

Post a Comment