Elder Brigham Blake

Email: Brigham.Blake@myldsmail.net

Monday, July 11, 2016

Semana que se yo?!?!

Weayyyyy wow this week went by SOOO fast!!
I don't like having pday on Mondays because it makes the week go by a lot quicker, and with the poco time that I felt, these last 6 weeks are going to be over before I know it. Not cool!! I wish I could be a missionary forever!!

Well not a whole lot to report on. Stevenson's baptism was a hit. He scared us a little bit. He asked us Saturday morning if he could get baptized right then and there because he is out of money and getting kicked out of his house, he was going to go straight back to Haiti. He only pays about 40 bucks a month to live in a one room shack. As a Haitian its really hard for him to find work here. Dominicanos are pretty racist towards Haitians. However, we helped him out a little bit and he got a job as a Creole teacher in August. We gave him a little money so that he can stay in his apartment until August. It looks like he will be having to come back and fourth from Haiti these next few weeks. I don't know if I mentioned this but he studied for two years to become a Catholic priest. He came to understand the restored gospel and gave up that part of his life. Every prayer he offers he gives thanks to God for giving him the chance to come to the knowledge of the restored gospel. I love the guy soo much!! After his baptism we took him out to get pizza and he told us that he felt so clean. It was a very special moment.

The work is moving forward. We had an awesome partial family show up to church. Josafina (non member) comes EVERY week, she really wants to get baptized, but her husband, Lilo (long time less active) isn't really about it. But, they came as a whole family hoy! Kids and everything. They have a super funny 3 year old named Miguel. I call him Adam because he HATES cloths. Miguel left the primary room, went to a secluded corner and took off ALL his cloths in the church. He made quite the scene. No one said anything though. 

Well to wrap up, I was reading in 2 nefi 33 and trying to discover things that I might have not yet understood. The light of the gospel keeps illuminating my mind and I love it! I love the light of the gospel. 2nd nefi 33 10 reads,  10 And now, my beloved brethren, and also Jewand all ye ends of the earth, hearken unto these words and believe in Christ; and if ye believe not in these words believe in Christ. And if ye shall believe in Christ ye will believe in these wordsfor they are the words of Christ, and he hath given them unto me; and they teach all methat they should do good.
 11 And if they are not the words of Christ, judge ye—for Christ will show unto you, with power and great glory, that they are his words, at the last day; and you and shall stand face to face before his bar; and ye shall know that I have been commanded of him to write these things, notwithstanding my weakness.
Well, as Nephi says if we believe in Christ we will believe in his words, o sea the Book of Mormon. I thought a lot about what this really means. Obviously he couldn't have been speaking of a passive belief in Christ. A passive belief requires no effort or self exertion. The test of our faith is more precious than gold, because its worth and glory is eternal. If we truly believe in Christ we will know that He is the son of a living tangible god. My testimony is based on this simple church doctrine. I know that Christ is the savior of the world, our father sent him to the earth to suffer and die for all of us. The Book of Mormon, in my opinion is an unmatched testimony of the divinity of our savior. I love this work, and invite you all to participate.

Elder Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment