Elder Brigham Blake

Email: Brigham.Blake@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Una semana rara!

Hey Family,

Sorry I have little to no time!!
It's been a wild week, a lot has happened and proselytizing was REALLY hard from the 24th to the 27th. Thank goodness however because everything seems to be back to normal. (At least until tomorrow, Moca is going to go NUTS for the New year) On Christmas night people were blasting music until about 1 30, we couldn't sleep because it was loud!! And the music was really bad! I took some good video.

Anyways all is going well. The skype session that we had on Christmas was the best one I have had by far, I could really feel the spirit and I know that our families can live together forever through the power of the priesthood. I would like to write just a little about the difference from last Christmas to this one. I think one of the main reasons as to why all missionaries serve a mission is to help others, but more so to have a great change of heart. I will never ever forget what mom and dad said last Christmas about Isaac. As I was skyping they said that he looked and talked like a missionary. Or in other words Isaac HAD changed, the gospel made him a different person. Then I asked jokingly: Well, do I look or talk anymore like a missionary? The response I got was a flat no. It kind of struck me in that moment. What was the difference that my parents saw in my brother and not myself? What was it that he was doing that I wasn't? Had I just wasted the past three months of my life? I realized that they probably hadn't seen such a change because I had not worked with diligence or habia entregado todo mi corazon a nuestro padre celestial. 
 It says in Dyc 4 Therefore, ye that embarin the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strengththat ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.
 Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called tthe work;
As it says in Verse 2, we must serve in the work with ALL. In this past year I have come to realize what is truly important in this life. Service and discipleship to our Lord and Savior jesucristo. I believe that my family COULD see the difference in personality that I was hoping for last Christmas. I know that this gospel makes good people better and better people great. I love the savior and se que este es su obra. 
Sorry I have almost nooo time but I hope that we can all try to serve God with our hearts minds and strengths in this nuevo year. 
I'll give a better update on the work and stuff next week. But, just so you all know the work is rolling and I love it!

Con Amor,
Elder Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment