Elder Brigham Blake

Email: Brigham.Blake@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Sweet Week

This has been a really good week. Elder Corder and I feel as if we have gotten our mojo back after two hard weeks. We are finding awesome people with sincere interest in the gospel of jesucristo. However, I think my highlight was seeing the gospel fire re lit under our investigators. Aka Jose Luis y Berlin. Berlin came to church unexpectedly on Sunday and we went up to the pulpit to bear our testimonies. He promised me that if I went up first he would go up as well. His testimony was short and sweet, just like a little seed! He bore his testimony of the BoM and Jose Smith. We went to his house Sunday with the bishop and he told us that as he spoke he felt as if he were part of the church; it was an answer to my prayers. We committed him, once again, to be baptized in two weeks.

I bore my testimony on this awesome scripture  I found last week in my personal study it reads,  44 For behold, it is as easy to give heed to the word of Christ, which will point to you a straight course to eternal bliss, as it was for our fathers to give heed to this compass, which would point unto them a straight course to the promised land.

In my mission I have seen how easy and addicting it is to heed the words of Christ. I bore my testimony to the congragtion sobre eso. In Spanish it reads, a prestar attencion a las palabras de cristo. I guess giving heed is presting attention, but I know that we need to give attention to the scriptures and the words of our modern prophets, sooo awesome. The church is true. And I have no more time!! Sorry for this small, dinky letter!
Love you all!

Elder Blake

The following photos were sent by the mother of the man on the right (no name tag). He was back in Moca touring his former mission with his parents. I am so thankful for these wonderful images - especially the one of him bearing his testimony. Wahoo! 



'Elder Blake bore his testimony, site wish I could have understood it, but he did have an investigator that got up and even said a couple of things!'

No comments:

Post a Comment