Elder Brigham Blake

Email: Brigham.Blake@myldsmail.net

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Fwd: NO ME SACAN

Dear family and friends,

Big changes came to past this week! Finished up my time with Elder Rod but had to say goodbye to him yesterday! He's off to Nagua...right on the ocean; would be lying if I said I wasn't a little jealous. But I said goodbye to Rod and hello to my new comp Elder Velasquez from Honduras. He has 20 months in the mission and will finish on my birthday. Last night we worked hard but I was a little nervous. Sotelo and an Elder in my district told me he's a little wild...he burned a bag of trash in his house about a year ago just because. Haha crazy is fine as long as he is ready to work. I don't know his story too well, but he told me last night that he was a gang member before the mission and really changed to be here, basically he's a bosshog. He's really quiet so I'll really get a good opportunity for the next few days leading lessons etc. Gonna learn a lot of gang signs etc...let's gooooo. And of course a thing or two about Spanish and how to teach jajaja

Anyways my theme for this week is NO ME SACAN. We were walking past the group of sandlot street rats on Saturday playing basketball and basically the Kenny Rodriguez of the nieborhood yelled ELDER BLAKE NO ME SACAN which translates to they cant stop me. I'd be lying if I didn't say the mission has been the hardest thing I've ever done in my life...sorry Coach Davis, prowlers and two-a-days come in second place. But a lot of times there is something to worry about, people progressing, getting hit by a motorcycle, Spanish etc. Sometimes I just get overcome with anxiety and stress and it's tough. But these things can't stop me! Just gotta work and go hard in the paint boiiii! But this phrase no me sacan can a apply to any challenge/affliction we have in our lives. Turn to the Lord in prayer, fasting and study....He will deliver, no doubt in my mind. Most of the answers to my prayers here on the mission have been answered with an overwhelming sense of peace. Anytime I feel dominated by the stresses of the mission, I get on my knees and pray, not always, but most of the time, I stand up feeling peaceful and ready to take on these challenges. Can't even put into words how powerful my testimony of prayer is. Entonces, no les sacan!!!  

Logistically, mom, I wrote two letters for you and Linc last week. I gave them to someone in my district who was going to Santiago..but he's a bonehead and forgot them in a hymn book in our chapel. A ward member found them on Sunday. But, happy belated birthday! Linc and Mom, crazy to think it was a year a go I took Linc to the font. That was awesome. I'd also love updates from family, friends who have put their papers in or have gotten their calls

Family and friends, this transfer is gonna be a good one, I can feel it in my bones, no me sacan!
Love you all,
Elder Blake
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment