Elder Brigham Blake

Email: Brigham.Blake@myldsmail.net

Thursday, December 17, 2015

Moca Moca

Well, this was the week that Elder Corder and I have been dreading for the last transfer, Cambios! I was thoroughly convinced that I was going to be pulled out of here. But after much prayer, and fasting I guess the Lord heard the cries of two of his servants. Yesterday at our transfer meeting I was freaking out, it almost felt like the pre game of high school football. I just couldn't really picture myself in another area with not first helping a few AWESOME people enter the waters of baptism. Anyways when the zone leaders told us that I WASN'T leaving I felt the spirit take a hold of me. And on top of that we sang my favorite hymn, Grand Eres Tu. Lets just say that I couldn't hold it in and by the 3rd verse and I started crying like a child. I am soo excited for this transfer. ESPECIALLY because  BERIN is going to get baptized. I love this guy soooo much. We went to visit him last Friday. I have been stressing out about him these past few weeks - due to his work he hasn't been able to come to church. He had asked to get Sundays off from work and it turns out they they other gave him Sundays off for the holidays. Basically long story short, he quit his job to go to church every week and to get baptized. He is such a baller. I might even have him meet mom and dad on Christmas.

Well, I really don't have anytime and I still need to write president so I want you all to know that I am doing well, and igual aca not a lot out of the ordinary has passed. So just take my word for it that all is well. 

About two weeks ago I decided that I wanted to read and study the New Testament in Spanish. On Saturday I was studying a little in the afternoon when I read the parable of the 10 Virgins. I really love the parable and it can be applied to sooo many situations. However, I read in the footnotes that took me to DyC 33 vs 17. I would like to share it with you all, it reads 17 Wherefore, be faithful, praying always, having yourlamps trimmed and burning, and oil with you, that you may be ready at the coming of the Bridegroom

As the Lord teaches us here in this modern we need to keep our testimonies strengthened and be prepared at all times. I love the Lord and all the blessing He has given me. I know that we need to be consecrated and converted to the gospel of cristo. No one is perfect and we can all improve en eso. I know this time of year which, even though we should always reflect on our savior, this is a time when should comart mas in the family. I am sorry this email has been soo terrible, I just have soooo little time and couldn't prepare myself!

Love you all!
Elder Blake
 PS Don't say ANYTHING about the new star wars movie
 
I bought ninja turtle fabric and had some dude make me a tie.
 
These are my ninja turtle pants that the same dude made. In total I paid 20 bucjets for the fabric and the work, on both the pants and tie

 

1 comment:

  1. Like the tie. Like the letter, especially. Glad you are well and thriving.

    ReplyDelete