Elder Brigham Blake

Email: Brigham.Blake@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

General Conference

Wayyyyyy Que lo Que mi amada familia y amigos.

This week has FLOWN by in all aspects, and General Conference was absolutely killer. Before, it always seemed that I would count down the clock for the sessions to be over, but these past three conferences in the mission have been completely opposite. I was able to learn a lot and confirm many doubts that I had as well.

This week Elder Corder had his first little break down about Spanish. Even though he is wicked smart he just let a few little things get to him and was visually discouraged. I talked some sense into him and after about 10 minutes he was rockin and rollin once again. I basically just told him that the only person who wants him to be discouraged is satan, and if he was putting in his part,God is obligated to return the blessings. It turned into a really great moment and our relationship grew a lot. Honestly, Elder Corder has been an answer to my prayers and a truly great friend. I think we will be life long buds.

This week has been HARD. I have been pondering a lot about why because these past 10 weeks have been the hardest in the mission even though these have been the weeks when I have tried my absolute hardest to be obediente. Literally Elder Corder and I do everything that we are supposed to and them some.  Sadly, all of our stud investigators just kind of all had obstacles as for why they couldn't go to General Conference. It broke my heart because it seemed that there were talks that were WRITTEN for them!! Especially Leo y Maria and Berling!! I love the mission but when people don't progress a little part of me dies inside. But I guess that's a good thing because it really shows me just how important the gospel of Jesucristo is to me. However, I know that God has something great planted in our path.

I wish I could really express the emotions that I am feeling right now. However, I think those who really know me will know how important this work is to me and our Father in Heaven. I love you all sooo much and I hope the best for everyone this week.
God bless the USA, BYU and the Raiders!
Elder Blake
 
This is Berling, and 19 year old stud who HAD a baptisimal date for the 24th. He didnt go to church this week so we have to push it back. Pray for him!!

I dont know why its soo hard to find waffle crisp but I found it here and it made my Pday, I ate the whole box in less than 24 hours.

Elder Corder far left, Elder Thaler (my best friend here thank the heavens that he lives in the house with us) y yo). We lost power last night at 10:30 and it was wayyyy to hot to sleep without a fan, sooo we took our mattresses outside on the balcony. However it was still wicked hot and impossible to fall asleep haha.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment