Elder Brigham Blake

Email: Brigham.Blake@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Presidente Castillo

Eyyyyy!

All is good in the DR rathood! This week was basically a week long beer festival, so all the hoodrat Domnicans were out of the prowl which made proselyting very interesting.

Sin Embargoooo this week was awesome! There are sooo many things to right about but I'll have to make it short because time is limited!

This Sunday was, without a doubt, the best Fast and Testimony meeting I have had in the mission. I was feeling really sick with a cold and not a lot of investigators showed up which which disappointed me at the start of the meeting. However, after some great member testimonies Antonio Richard (investigator), without being prompted, felt the spirit and stood up to bear his testimony. He gave a whopping 5 minute testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel, Jose Smith, citing Mosiah 3 and EVERYTHING. I was COMPLETLEY shocked yet filled with joy y alegría.  And after church he told me that he was going to go home and break his fast!! That is UNHEARD OF!! Soooo even though he hasn't accepted a baptismal date this guy is straight fire and is going to make a great future bishop!!!

Yesterday we had our first ever zone conference with Presidente Castillo. President rolled up in his car, and could not stop laughing and smiling while talking to all of us. I have never met a man sooo filled with happiness and joy. It seriously radiated within me for the entire conference. It was an amazing experience and there is definitely a new, rejuvenated dynamic to the mission Santiago. I left with a renewed understanding of what it means to give the Lord our Heart Might Mind and Strength. As it reads in DYC 4, if we give the Lord ALL our heart might mind and strength we will stand blameless before the Lord and His judgement seat. I think that we can all take this and apply it into our lives. As it reads in DYC 58 
26 For behold, it is not meet that should command in all things; for he that is compelled in all things, the same is slothful and not wise servantwherefore he receiveth no reward.
 27 Verily say, men should banxiously engaged in a good cause, and do many things of their own free will, and bring to pass much righteousness;
 28 For the power is in them, wherein they are agents unto themselves. And inasmuch as men do good they shall in no wise lose their reward.
The Lord requires us to be ANXIOUSLY ENGAGED in a good cause. As members of the church we are commanded to, quite honestly, consecrate all our time and energy to the Lord. However, I was a horrible example of this before my mission, and still have periods of laziness here in the mission. But, the Lord wants us to do what is right, for our will and not the will of others. As I conversed with old companions and friends during the conference I was filled with joy hearing about converts, crazy mission experiences etc. I LOVE being a missionary quite frankly haha.

Anyways, I hope all is going will and summer is coming to an end. 
Love,
 The ONLY Elder Blake (ya Isaac se murió con flores)
Isaac, have a great last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment