Elder Brigham Blake

Email: Brigham.Blake@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Mosiah 2:41

Dear Family and Friends,

I honestly can't write, or explain the joy I feel sharing the message of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. Even though many Veganos are super Catholics are hard-hearted, as Isaac said the key is to love them! However, I am pretty sure I have contacted every house in my area, and 95 percent, AFTER a great lesson say that they're Catholic and won't pray to ask God if the message we shared was true haha. But as I say to my companion, were just trying to flood the world with the Book of Mormon and the message of the restoration, and occasionally we will find golden investigators and families. 
 
This week I had two amazing experiences with a golden Haitian family that we contacted two weeks ago. I have already talked about Johnny and Ana and they're doing AMAZING. I called them Sunday at 8 to ask if they were coming to church, semi hesitant that they wouldn't. But after I asked Johnny he kind of laughed at me and said of course!! They showed up right before sacrament meeting, both in their Sunday best! As Isaac knows, there is no greater joy than when an investigator or less active comes to church unexpectedly. On Monday we went to their house to have a family night and they LOVED it, we shared a quick message about the Plan of Salvation which was completely new to them and felt the spirit strongly. After, Ana, (who like Anna haha, is very shy) broke the ice and started asking questions about the church, the mission, and a hour long appointment turned into a 2.5 hour long questioning and answer. Sadly, she has to go back to Haiti this week to renew her Visa, so we won't be able to visit them, as a family this week. But wow! They told us that they felt very accepted in the church and that they loved the hymns. Pray hard that they'll accept the our baptismal date, and that they will have the desire to get married!
 
    Also, Antonio Richard, even though he STILL hasn't accepted fecha bautismal, has been killing it with the Book of Mormon. He started reading last Monday and just finished Mosiah 4 last night. He is a huge stud. 

This week, in a lesson with a less active family I felt a strong impression to change the lesson and just share Mosiah 2:41, which happens to be my favorite scripture. It reads 

41 And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and ahappy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are bblessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out cfaithful to the end they are received into dheaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it.

King Benjamin is one of my favorite Book of Mormon prophets and this scripture encompasses why. In the world, as members of the church we are told that our commandments are restricting and limiting. I can remember countless times in high school people asking my why I don't drink, have sex or have fun.  The words of King Benjamin give us the reason as to why, and demonstrate to me the importance of keeping God's commandments. When we obey, King Benjamin says clearly that we are HAPPY, blessed in ALL things, and IF we hold out faithful, we will be received into heaven to dwell with God. Especially here in the mission I can testify of the importance of obeying God's commandments. The world is wicked! There is nooo way to avoid it but as Paul commands the people of Efesios we must put on the armor of God, and stand up for our beliefs. As Isaac said, we should do all these things with love and charity. 
 
I love being a missionary, even though it is hot and difficult. In the moments of difficulty, turning to the Lord in prayer and fasting has given me the strength to be strong in the Lord and bring the gospel of repentance to his children. I am soo very grateful for our savior Jesus Christ, and these ultimo 14 months I have to serve the lord with all my heart, might mind and strength!
 
Love Elder Brigham Blake 





   10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
 11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
 12 For we wrestle not against flesh and bloodbut against  
principalities, against powers, against the rulers of
 the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in
 high places.
 13 Wherefore take unto you thwhole armour of God,that ye may be able to withstand in thevil day, and having done allto stand.
 14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
 15 And your feet shod with thpreparation of the gospel of peace;
 16 Above all, taking the shield of faithwherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
 17 And take the helmet of salvationand the sword of the  
Spirit, which is the word of God:
 18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

​I conked out a few days back after reading some dope Liahona articles.

Mom, I only drink sugared soda when I find it in cool glass bottles. (@nick peretti you never see glass cokes anymore!)

This great evidence that its wicked hot down here on the equator. Mom I promise that I use sunscreen.

No comments:

Post a Comment