Elder Brigham Blake

Email: Brigham.Blake@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Awesome week

Helllllo family and friends, 
 
There is a lot to report on! Wow, its sooo amazing to be a full time missionary, and in full time service to our Lord Jesucristo.

This week has been filled with some amazing experiences. Firstly, one of my favorite investigators of my mission, Antonio Richard, even though he knows the gospel is true and is reading the Book of Mormon, hasn't yet expected a baptismal date, because he wants to know EVERYTHING about the gospel first. However, we had an amazing lesson with him on Friday about fasting, and invited him to fast with us on Saturday so that he can recive revelation for a date. It was an AMAZING lesson, but wow, on Sunday it was a true miracle. During the our Fast and Testimony meeting, I felt very strongly to bear my testimony about the atonement of Christ, and as it says in Moroni 7 that we must have hope in the atonement. After the meeting, he turned to me and said that he felt something really special as everyone bore their testimonies and that he felt a very strong desire to share his own with the congregacion..WOW. it was an amazing answer to our prayers and fast. We will have a lesson with him tonight and we are going to set a date with him!
 
Also, Melvin, who was baptized a week ago bore a 5 minute testimony about the power of baptism and the priesthood...even though he hasn't yet received it! It was truly powerful to hear this man's strong testimony.

My companion and I had an amazing experience on Friday. We were walking to an appointment and we passed a woman sweeping her porch. After our appointment, my companion felt compelled to go back and contact her. We went back and she invited us inside, and as soon as we entered the spirit hit us VERY strongly. My companion said that the house felt very familiar as if he had been their before. We spoke briefly about the the restoration and bore testimony strongly of the blessing of the gospel in our lives and for the family's. The woman, se llama thomasany, said that she felt something warm and comforting. Wow, moments like these make the mission all worth it. I love my companion and this area!

This morning, after I finished cleaning the house i was reading in the Book of Mormon....in the book of Mormon haha. Chapter 9 verse 31 hit me very profoundly. it reads,   31 Condemn me not because of mine imperfection, neither my father, because of his imperfection, neither them who have written before him; but rather give thanks unto God that he hath made manifest unto you our imperfections, that ye may learn to be more wise than we have been.

It struck me as I read this scripture that Mormon, a prophet is declaring that we must not condem him for his imperfections, nor any of the prophets for that matter. But however, we must learn from theirs, and our mistakes and give thanks to the Lord that we can be more wise and learn. As a missionary, I am not perfect, nor will I ever be, but I know that I have hope and faith in the atonement of Christ. I hope that we can all learn to be more humble and wise and see everyone for who they really are, children of God. I love this book, and this gospel. I know that we are not perfect people, but, the gospel of Jesucristo of the Latter Day Saints is perfect, because it was restored by a prophet of god. I know that the plan of salvation is a perfect plan, and that we have the hope to one day live with our Father in Heaven.
 
Love you all, 
Elder Blake
Melvin! Such a stud, he bore a 7 minute testimony on sunday about his baptisim...it was awesome!

After running a mile and a half. I have NEVER been so hot so constantly in my life holy cow! I honestly sweat like this proselyting tooooo.

No comments:

Post a Comment