Elder Brigham Blake

Email: Brigham.Blake@myldsmail.net

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Transfers!

Ahh this has been a sad day. My beloved friend and companion Elder Weaver left this morning for Cotui. NOOOOOO it is a sad dayyy. He is definitely a life-long friend. But yeah, I got moved up to senior comp and I'm with Elder Viscaino. A super cool Dominican who has about 6 months in the mission. He has a lot of energy and is hopefully ready to work!

As for the work! Wow Elder Weaver and I worked super hard, and felt super guided by the spirit. We had our best lessons as usual with Darwin. He told us that he was feeling super down and that his life has been losing purpose. We testified strongly and by the end of the lesson he was almost in tears. He feels like the church and us are the only people who have supported him. Honestly, he had a very hard time saying goodbye to Elder Weaver last night. They were both in tears and I have honestly never felt such brotherly love for another man than I feel for Darwin. Please keep him in your prayers that he can find peace and tranquility. We had another awesome lesson with Melivn. He has come to church about 5 times and in our lesson last Friday, as we were testifying, the room just FILLS with the spirit. In the climax of the lesson after we taught and testified, Melvin told us, even though he gets a lot of crap from his Catholic, evagelic and Jehovah Witness that he is going to get baptized as a member of the church of jesucristo de los santos de los ultimos dias even if it's the last thing he does. And that when he has kids, will have them be baptized as well. My companion were just struck with the spirit and happiness. He still has his obstacles but its gonna be a great transfer.

I have made a lot of progress in the BoM, and I am just about to read 3rd Nefi 11. I am pumped. And honestly every time I read, I am struck at the depth and power of the Book of Mormon. I love the mission and hope that all is well back home!

Elder Blake
Service!

The House

Cesar, he has the STRONGEST testimony of the Book of Mormon. One of the strongest and most dedicated members ever!

Familia Jimenez, they're super dope members

Hermana Lulu! The grandma of the the Familia Jimenez..she's got a baptism date! She also makes traditional bowls out of Higueros. I don't know what they're called in English.

Elder Weaver

Melvin, this dude told us he is going to get baptized, we are still working on the date...he's a hugeee stud.

Me, Jose Angel (Investigator) Elder W, and Freiny (Receint Convert) These two studs killed it and went to a distrcit conference on thier own!

=)


No comments:

Post a Comment